Saturday, November 28, 2009

To the best big sister in the world

This is my older sister Julie. Today is her birthday and I meant to post this earlier in the day but my life has been in the way all day.

Julie has always been the best example of a sister. I remember when I was very young and I knew that she would never lie. She used to babysit us and (sure enough) we would do something wrong. We would beg her not to tell on us when the parents got home but she always said "I won't lie if they ask me." She has lived her life in a way that I wanted to emulate.

She wasn't the most popular girl in school but she had her group and always did well in her studies. She went on to college and the served a mission. She married in the temple and got her degree. Her doors have always been open to the children of her heart. She would take them however they came. Many came, only one has been able to stay, but I am sure many of them will be hers in the end.

She has always had the best advice for me, even when it is not what I want to hear. She knows the answers to things I haven't thought of yet. She is really smart. Julie doesn't get intimidated with little things like homeschooling and tons of children. I think she thrives on a challenge. Even in the midst of the trials of Job she has found the way, staying strong and choosing the right. She is happy for me when I get to have things that I know she would cut off her own arm to get to have. She is patient and kind and loving. If she doesn't know the answer she will look it up or mine her very rich field of friends for someone who has been there.

Julie lives far away from me and we don't get to see each other very often. She works during the day when I have the most time to talk on the phone and we have tried to make the most of time that we have to keep up on each others lives. She is a treasure and I love her so much. I hope that someday she gets all of her dreams to come true. She deserves it.

I don't have the money to buy her the presents that I would like to for her birthday. So this is what I have for her. A note to tell all of you (and her) how great she is and thank her for being my sister.

Love,
2 of 4

2 comments:

Ms. Julie said...

Aaahhh shucks! Thanks 2 of 4- you made me cry. I love your guts. I seriously thank the Lord for my sisters EVERY DAY.
Love,
Your older Sinister

Sara said...

Happy Birthday Julie! I am glad I checked my emails/blog before bed tonight so I could add a comment while it's still your birthday.

Julie you are the best! I think of you not only as my older sister but also as my 2nd Mom. I was so young when Mom died. So many times I have wished I could call her for advice. Since I can't, I call you and you never let me down. I feel so blessed to have you fill that roll for me.

You are an AMAZING woman. I don't know how you accomplish everything you do! You have the most loving, giving heart. I wish I could take away all your pain and tears the last few years and grant your every wish. You do deserve EVERY happiness in life.

Thank you for all always being here for me. Thank you for the example you are to me. Thanks for just being you.

Love,
Sara (3 of 4)