Monday, September 15, 2008

The Air Show




Last Saturday we went to the Air Show. It was at the Air Force base in Mountain Home about 30 miles from here. It was free to get in and I must say it was the best free entertainment I have seen (possibly ever). They had 20-30 aircraft that were on display for tours or looks into the cockpit. There was a helicopter and some tanks too. We had a blast. While we were touring the exhibits we took in the show in the sky. I can't remember all the names of the planes we saw but there were some old style "barnstormers", lots of F-whatevers, a thing called a thunderbird, some blackhawk helicopters, and multiple guys willing to parachute out of a perfectly good planes. The did a pretend war: bombs and smoke with rescues. Parts of it were really loud. It was amazing how fast they went. I loved the ones that went so high so quick that they stalled the engine and dived back toward the ground only to recover at the last minute. I loved all the patriotism that surrounded the whole event. I am so grateful for the men and women that serve(d) our country. To all of them: Thank You!

No comments: