Saturday, November 29, 2008

15 Years ago yesterday...





My baby Katie was born. She wasn't really my baby. I was 18 years old and I became her nanny. Katie was a tiny little thing when I first saw her. She was just over 6 lbs when she was born and when I met her she didn't seem much bigger. She was a delight to care for. I loved and took her places. We started out just hanging out and she slept a lot. Soon she got a little bigger and she we took a baby massage class. I learned to massage her to soothe her and we both liked it. A couple of months after that we joined a baby swim class and then a Gymboree class. We did everything together all day long. We both had light hair so when I was out with her people thought she was mine. I loved being a nanny.

I lived with Katie and her awesome parents for almost a year and a half. It was one of the best jobs I ever had. Over the years I have seen Katie some and we have talked on the phone. I still like to keep tabs on what she is up to. She has become a young lady overnight (it seems to me). I have a hard time believing that it was so long ago that I looked into her tiny face and fell in love. I have since gone on to have my own baby and I recalled my experience with Katie. She helped me to learn how to be a mommy.

Katie, I hope your birthday was the best. Hopefully you got some cool presents. I miss seeing you and I wish that you and I lived closer. I haven't been to you part of Oregon in such a long time. How I would love to get together sometime. I hope that school is going well and you are doing well with your friends and parents. You have two of the best parents in the world. I hope the best for you this year, as you are learning how to drive. Your life is wide open to wonderful possibilities.

Happy Birthday,
Love,
Cindy

No comments: