Thursday, April 16, 2009

Wow, I didn't post at all last month... Multi-Post Day




Brady has been attending a preschool this year. It was two days a week at my friends house and in exchange for him going I watched her youngest daughter. The school ended on the 17th of March and I took some pictures of the group. He really loved going. To keep Brady entertained now we do a trading play group with the same kids and one other. I have play group at my house every third time and we do that twice a week.

Just after the preschool ended Brady flew (all by himself) to Salt Lake to visit his dad for two weeks. He had a ball and he even missed me. Usually he doesn't. This was Brady's first time flying on the plane all by himself and he did great. I am sure he talked to the person(s) sitting in either side of him the entire flight. Hopefully he wasn't too annoying.

Just after Brady left I attended another of my monthly food classes. This time I learned to make Gluten. It can be used as a meat substitute and made into cereal. I learned how to make it (from wheat). I tried many things that were made from it and I can't say I would make it at home (with two exceptions). I learned to make it ground and it can be used in two ways. One way was baked then used as a cereal and it was really good covered in chocolate or butterscotch chips as a dessert. The other way was baked and ground up and added to cooked hamburger to extend it. When I had it this way I could NOT tell it wasn't real beef. If I was in a crisis situation I could eat the gluten made in other recipes, it would fuel my body just as well.

I have my food class again tonight and I will learn how to make my own yogurt, sweetened condensed milk, whip cream, cream cheese, sour cream, cheddar cheese spread and many other things made with nonfat dry milk. Apparently these things can be home made for way cheap. I will report later.

No comments: